Hi,

On 16 Dec 2008, at 11:41, Kyle Sluder wrote:

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Dave <d...@looktowindward.com> wrote:
It doesn't write any user specific data within "/Applications", any files it does create and in the current users "home" folder, in a folder for the
Application.

Your files belong in ~/Library/Application Support/YourSubfolder, not
in ~/YourSubfolder.  See the section of the "File System Overview"
document entitled "Don't Pollute User Space":
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/ BPFileSystem/Articles/WhereToPutFiles.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/ TP40001411-111946

I don't install files into that folder, my application writes files to that location (by default, the user can change it) once installed. From the above document: "It is important to remember that the user domain (/Users) is intended for files created by the user. With the exception of the ~/ Library directory, your application should never ***install*** files into the user’s home directory. In particular, you should never install files into a user’s Documents directory or into the /Users/ Shared directory. These directories should only be modified by the user."

They keyword here is ***install***.

Only admin's are required to install the App.

Just because only admins need to install it doesn't imply that they
don't want to run it from elsewhere.

They can run the app from elsewhere, just not install it. This is the way we want it to work for a number of reasons far too long to go into now.

--Kyle Sluder

All the Best
Dave