Hi Clint (and I.S.)

Thanks for your replies. I understand MVC and am happy with that now that a few thoughts have been cleared for me (thanks I.S.). OK, I now understand that and object knows nothing about its parent. Cool. I thought that was the case, but I wasn't convinced.

Now, I understand I need a pointer to the "other object", but I am failing (in a BIG way) in understanding HOW to get it or create it. myControllerObject has a pointer to it's children because it knows about it because it created it. But if modelObject1 doesn't know modelObject2 even exists, how can I create a pointer to it? Where do I get this reference from?

Pseudo code...

@interface
ModelObject1 *modelObject1;
ModelObject2 *modelObject2;

@implementation
myControllerObject {

int one, two;
modelObject1 = [[ModelObject1 alloc] init];     // I now have object 1
modelObject2 = [[ModelObject2 alloc] init];     // I now have object 2

one = [modelObject1 doMethod];  // doMethod returns an int
two = [modelObject2 doMethod];  // doMethod returns an int

// The "code" above I understand and works OK.

@interface

@implementation
modelObjectA {
int a;

a = [modelObject2 doMethod];

}

If I do the above, I get "error:'modelObject2' undeclared (first use in this function)" What do I do in modelObject1's code to make this work? Where do I get a reference for the pointer?

Thanks,

Regards,
Jason