On Feb 27, 2009, at 12:08 PM, Bill Bumgarner wrote:

The System Preferences application does not support GC, thus framework support is irrelevant.

Actually, it is relevant. We used to use the PreferencePanes framework for things having nothing to do with System Preferences, but had to rewrite a fair bit of code & create some compatibility issues when we wanted to release an application that used GC. (And I know what you're thinking, but we were not using private APIs.) It would have saved us a lot of effort and headaches if it only supported GC in the first place, just like most every other system framework in Leopard.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>