On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Miles <vardpeng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *1) *I've been trying Kyle's suggestion for a few hours and I can't get it
> working right. I broke it into this simple example, and it's not able to
> convert it to the 'word' struct.

At this point, better solutions that involve less hackery have been
proposed.  I'd suggest ignoring mine unless you really *really* need a
speed improvement over something like WT's plist solution.  You
probably won't, and the only way you'll know you do is with
Shark/Instruments profiling data.

Nonetheless:

> NSMutableData *data1;
> NSString *myString = @"\\x06hello\\x00";

Those \xNN were supposed to represent literal bytes.  :)  Typically,
when you see someone trying to put raw binary data in an email/blog
post, they will use the \xNN convention, because there's no other
convenient way to illustrate "this is an actual number 6, *not* the
ASCII character for 6".

--Kyle Sluder