Meh. I'd much rather see calls to methods that take many arguments broken up across a number of lines for three reasons (drawing the line at methods that take 4 or more arguments, for me):

(0) I can scan any given line of the method invocation sub-expression and know that the aligned colons mean "method name fragment on left, argument on right". Reading the method name becomes a simple vertical scan. Reading the arguments becomes "scan left o' colon for context, right o' colon for value".

(1) If any argument isn't a simple variable or constant, breaking it up by line makes reading the expression easier.

(2) Knowing the exact extent of the method invocation expression is as simple as double-clicking the opening or closing bracket. (Or you can ctrl-d then ] on the closing bracket to have the opening bracket highlighted, if so configured).

I find the whole cram-the-whole-expression-on-one-line notion to be utterly bizarre and painful to read. Code isn't a novel and we aren't writing paragraphs.

Code is a highly structured sequence of expressions and our tools are optimized to navigating, editing and compiling said structured code.

b.bum