On Jun 23, 2009, at 4:05 AM, WT wrote:

Why is it so baffling? The question is not wanting something to be changed, but wanting *bad enough* to have something changed.

Because, as has been stated so often, posting messages to a list will not cause any change. If you complain about something on a list but don't actually file a bug report, then you're simply wasting everyone's time.

As I pointed out in the section that you left out of your quote of my previous message, I don't believe that Apple would change something across their entire documentation that is not an actual error

Whether or not it's an actual *error* is immaterial -- it's a usability issue. It's still considered as a bug.

and which most people in this list don't even think is an issue at all, which means that in order to make a convincing case I'd have to spend an atypically large amount of time composing my request. Like most people, I have other things to do.

Bug reports don't have to be a novel. You could have spent less time filing a bug report than you have posting messages to this thread. You would also have better respected others' time.

Unlike many people, I try not to do things in a half-cooked way and would/will file a request only if I'm reasonably sure that my efforts would/will pay off.

Efforts posting to a list without filing a bug report are certainly wasted.

Also, I do not consider this such a high-priority issue, which I already alluded to earlier when I said that I've learned to deal with it in my own way, or else I would already have filed a documentation enhancement request.

It's clearly sufficiently important an issue that you're willing to bring it to several thousand other people's attention. If it's important enough for that, it's important enough for a bug report.

So, ease off with the head-chewing.

Please don't misrepresent others' behaviour.

mmalc