I'm trying to meet the following requirements:

1. Back-end multi-user database to manage products, contacts, projects, inventory, etc.
2.  Ability to access and edit that DB over the Internet and the iPhone
3. Ability to import/export some data in the main database to/from a single-user Core Data app

Filemaker seems like the easiest route to achieving 1 & 2, but I'm not sure how well it interacts with Core Data. I don't have any experience with SQL databases, but I have seen mention of BaseTen, although only people recommending it -- I haven't seen posts from anyone claiming to use it. I've also looked into Ruby on Rails and RubyCocoa, but I'm not sure how well the importing / exporting would work.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for the most reliable and most direct route for interactions between single-user Core Data-based apps and a multi-user back-end.

Thanks.

Brad