On Aug 14, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Brad Gibbs <bradgi...@mac.com> wrote:

I'm trying to create a single-user app that uses Core Data, but gets the data for its object graph from a multi-user database app. For instance, product information stored in the main database app could be exported to a catalog in the Core Data-based app. The user can build a system in the CD-based app and the built system can be imported back into the main database.

Like I said, you're going to want to look elsewhere. Core Data doesn't support the pattern you want, unless you're willing to send the entire persistent store over the network for each read and write. All custom store types mist be atomic.

You might want to consider using Core Data on the backend and presenting a custom interface to clients (a la Web Services, or a RESTful interface). Then if it makes sense the client can use an in- memory store, hooking into Core Data notifications to perform it's updates. But at that point you might just want to serialize NSDictionaries over the wire.

--Kyle Sluder