Maybe you should update the NSTableView ?

I did, but no luck.

What's more, the creation of the checkbox and set its state to on are inside awakeFromNib, updating NSTableView looks like not necessary.

BTW, when I click left mouse button on the checkbox, I can see tick appear inside the checkbox, but once I release the mouse button, the tick disappears, and the checkbox remains unchecked.

Thanks for your attention.
Echo