On Oct 8, 2009, at 1:23 AM, Zhang Li wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I want to place a checkbox on each NSTableView column header, when user click
> on it, the checkbox can be set to checked/unchecked state accordingly.
>

> I successfully put checkbox on NSTableView column header by using following
> code, I can see the checkbox there, but don't know how to change its value to
> on/off.
>

> My code snippet is as below:
>

> // Create CheckBox on Column Header
> NSButtonCell *cell = [[ NSButtonCell alloc] init];
> [cell setTitle:@"Checkbox"];
> [cell setButtonType:NSSwitchButton];
> [cell setBordered:YES];
> [cell setImagePosition:NSImageLeft];
> [aColumn setHeaderCell:cell];

What you are doing will not work.

/* Gets and sets the headerCell associated with this NSTableColumn. 'cell' must
be non nil, and should be a member of the NSTableHeaderCell class. The
'headerCell' is a strong reference, and will be retained.
 */
- (void)setHeaderCell:(NSCell *)cell;
- (id)headerCell;

You have to create an NSTableHeaderCell subclass. Even then, you may have to
subclass NSTableHeaderView to get it to work like a button with a button in it
(header's are essentially buttons).

--corbin