On 2009 Oct 09, at 08:24, Corbin Dunn wrote:

What you are doing will not work.

You have to create an NSTableHeaderCell subclass. Even then, you may have to subclass NSTableHeaderView to get it to work like a button with a button in it (header's are essentially buttons).

Yes, I found that to be the case

Ah, I take back my congratulations Zhang. When you said you had the button in there I assumed that you had done the hard parts.

Indeed, as Corbin implies, getting custom behavior in an table header ain't easy. I'm attaching a couple of classes which I probably worked on for quite some time, to get similar behavior, a popup menu into a table header.

Possibly you can use the same design pattern. Note the little tricks and fudges that were needed. Also the comments contain references to others' work which I learned from. Have fun!