On Oct 9, 2009, at 11:05 AM, Philip White wrote:

The crash report is actually from my own crash reporter, not from Apple's and it doesn't report what libraries are loaded. I slapped together my own reporter because few users think to send the info from Apple's crash reporter to the developer and just send it off to Apple. My reporter does specify the system version however: 10.6.1, in this case.

There are a couple of open-source crash-report libraries (like UKCrashReporter) that check on launch for a crash log file and send that to the developer. That file includes all the stuff that's sent to Apple, including the paths of the libraries.

The drawback is that the crash won't be reported until the next time the user launches the app; but I think this is a much cleaner solution than attempting to hack your own process to detect when it gets a fatal exception.