On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:04 AM, Pascal Bourguignon
> Otherwise, if the question is why there's no market for reusable object
> component, (which was promised by early OO proponents), perhaps it is
> because the OO model is flawed?  Or, I would rather thing that the
> _granularity_ of the OO model is the problem: reusing components at the
> level of an object is too inconvenient; reusing components at the tool level
> (like in unix) seems to be much more successful.

Without getting into an OO flamewar, we're talking about Apple
distributing new widgets as part of an IB plugin, not just as
individual objects.  Look at the text system for an example of an OO
system which can't be reused in its individual pieces, but is very
powerful when taken as a unit whose individual components can be
enhanced.

--Kyle Sluder