On 10/01/2010, at 3:46 PM, Jim Correia wrote:

On Jan 9, 2010, at 7:54 PM, Graham Cox wrote:

I'm getting something odd though. If I set NSZombieEnabled during app delegate -applicationDidFinishLaunching: method from my preference, a later deliberate over-release still causes a EXC_BAD_ACCESS. If I set it as an environment variable (Xcode launch arguments for my app) I get the zombie logged as expected. In either case I can see that NSZombieEnabled is YES, but directly setting it doesn't appear to work.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Code:

#include <Foundation/NSDebug.h>

- (void) applicationDidFinishLaunching:(NSNotification*) aNotification

The comment in NSDebug.h reads:

"This is mostly a benefit if you need to initialize these variables to some non-default value before your program's main() routine gets control”

My guess is that -applicationDidFinishLauching: time is too late.

- Jim

Hmm... I'm interested in this. But how can code be executed before main() gets control? Isn't main() the first thing that gets called? Or would it be in a helper app which sets your target app's environment variables?