On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Bill Appleton
<billapple...@dreamfactory.com> wrote:
> it needs to look like a scroll bar... is that possible?

Ah, no.  Of course not, silly me.

I worked on a project years ago that had a similar requirement. It
used a subclass of NSScrollView, I think, that managed to ignore what
the sliders were telling it do directly, and instead passed something
on to the underlying engine, which manually did the sliding.  It was a
horrible mess, and I hope you can avoid that approach. Try the
NSScroller approach if there's no way to squeeze your view
architecture into a proper scrollable Cocoa view.

--
// jack
// http://nuthole.com