On May 21, 2010, at 1:31 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:

> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Patrick Rutkowski <rutsk...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Milder tone? No thanks.
>
> Awfully strong words from someone who waltzes onto a mailing list,
> lambastes the documentation, and admits in the very next sentence he
> has no idea what he's talking about.

Don't be telling me to not lambast documentation that leaves out obviously
critical information.

In fact, don't be ordering me around general, thank you very much.

>> Any API that accepts binary data needs to give at least a hint as to what
>> format the binary data should be. Saying that just it accepts "data" is
>> disgusting. Period, end of argument.
>
> Did you read the spec that tells you how encodings are deduced from
> unhinted data?

I have now, but it's for us XML admitted newbies that the doc section for
initWithData ought to mention such about how the encoding detection works. THE
API IS ACCEPTING BINARY DATA FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

>> If you want to advocate that it's perfectly fine to omit information about
>> the format of binary data, then you're just a moron. I'm not saying that
>> you're a moron for accidentally forgetting to document it, but if you want
>> to say (as you seem to be doing) that it's OK to consciously leave it out,
>> then you're just a moron.
>
> I've referred you to the moderator for being a disruptive jerk.

I'd like to properly respond to this with a few choice words, but I think I'd
get banned from the list if I did.

Don't be telling people who are already frustrated by bad docs to "change their
tone". And if you do then don't be surprised when they get even more aggravated.

> --Kyle Sluder

-Patrick