hello guys,

thanks for your comments - i just found the right knob to draw the
content of my "invisible" subview in my uiscrollview.
i simply subclassed every subview and implemented -drawRect:
additionally using uigraphicsgetcurrentcontext().

@david
yeah, this was just simple math to picture the scene - but you're
right, it depends...
and could you tell the iOS team i feel great with their APIs, please? thx ;)

here's the (ugly) method code, pdfRef and pageNo are properties of the
enclosing class/instance.

- (void) drawRect:(CGRect)rect {
        // get the page reference
        CGPDFPageRef page = CGPDFDocumentGetPage(pdfRef, pageNo);
        CGContextRef context = UIGraphicsGetCurrentContext();

        // white background
        CGContextSetRGBFillColor(context, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
        CGContextFillRect(context, CGContextGetClipBoundingBox(context));

        // transformation/-lation
        CGContextTranslateCTM(context, 0.0, rect.size.height);
        CGContextScaleCTM(context, 1.0, -1.0);
        CGContextConcatCTM(context, CGPDFPageGetDrawingTransform(page,
kCGPDFCropBox, rect, 0, true));
        CGContextDrawPDFPage(context, page);

}

hope this help's someone else.