Ok thanks for your explanation about private classes!

I am developing a java application displaying a window, and then i am taking
its native part to draw onto it using openGL, the native part gives me a NSView
pointer.  I am able to draw onto it however not able to get mouse/key events
appropriately. I am using a category for NSView to override
acceptFirstResponder method and other mouse events related methods.

When i click on the title bar, rightmouse down, mouseup and so on are entered
as expected (except for mouseDown) however when i click on the rest of the
frame the acceptsFirstResponder method is entered but then nothing happens on
subsequent mouse clicks or keyboard events.