On Jan 18, 2011, at 4:27 PM, Leanne Attard wrote:
> I am developing a java application displaying a window, and then i am taking
> its native part to draw onto it using openGL, the native part gives me a
> NSView pointer.  I am able to draw onto it however not able to get mouse/key
> events appropriately. I am using a category for NSView to override
> acceptFirstResponder method and other mouse events related methods.

 I think that's the wrong way to go about it. If I undertand things right, what
you should really be doing is create a new NSOpenGLView subclass, instantiate
that, and than make that a subview of your "native part" using -addSubview:. In
that class you can then simply override the proper methods, just like with any
other NSView, without weird surprises.

 Using categories to override methods is generally not a good practice, as the
behaviour is in many cases quite indeterministic.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."