On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:49:25 -0800 (PST), Leanne Attard wrote:

> i did that just by chance the problem is that clicking on the title bar is
> being detected but everyone else is not detected

Java events should be handled within Java code. In normal cases you should not
need to implement your own Cocoa component inheriting from NSView. You can
handle the events inside the window frame, through the Java APIs inside
java.awt.event package.

Though, your case seems special case. I think you are using something like
CocoaComponent from java.eawt.event package. To handle it you must read
carefully the CocoaComponent reference and the Technical Note TN2147, since
they explain all the work that is needed to manage the 2 different event
threads (1 for Cocoa and 1 for AWT).

Finally, if your goal is simply to take advantage of OpenGL in a Java
application I suggest you to use LWJGL (www.lwjgl.org) a "ready for use" Java
to OpenGL binding that use JNI to call OpenGL native functions and works on
Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
If you don't mind to code using OpenGL low level functions, but your goal is
only to code a 3D Java application, that is based on OpenGL, you can use
jMonkeyEngine (www.jmonkeyengine.com). It is an advanced 3D framework based on
LWJGL.