Hello,

since no one replied so far, I’d take a try. I’m not much familiar with desktop
Cocoa, but on iOS we have to be careful to keep longer actions from the main
thread, since delays in the main thread block the UI. Isn’t this about the same
issue? Image loading would be the first thing I would move into a background
thread. Can you use GCD? It’s a perfect fit for such producer/consumer tasks.

T.