> You will want to decouple the image load and decode operation from the
> render side of things as much as you can.

The point is that on the "render side" there is actually very little work to be
done.
All I do in my code is to set up a new Core Animation layer every 10 seconds.
So, will moving the image loading (which is the only CPU intensive operation
during the setup of the new layer) to another thread really help?

> You can do that with
> threading, async loading, and/or operations/blocks.

Which API would you recommend for async loading?
Exactly what do yo mean by operations/blocks?

Best regards,
Gabriel.