Sorry if this is tangential to the topic at hand, but I was wondering if there
are any recommendations for an 'expert' level reference for graphics
programming on both AppKit and UIKit. So far I have tried Bill Dudney's and
Marcus Zarra's Core Animation books, but feel that there's more to it than I am
seeing in the books. I guess what I am looking for is one comprehensive
reference that goes all the way from beginners to expert and addresses views,
layers, core animation and OpenGL in one guide, explaining what approach is
better in what circumstances. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks!
Saurabh