On 25 Apr 2011, at 16:00, Bing Li wrote:

> Dear Marcus,
>
> Could you tell me which features are not available when using BSD sockets on
> iOS? Although I would like to use CFNetwork APIs, I cannot find enough
> materials to learn how to use them. The guide from apple.com is too limited
> to be useful. Could you provide me with other resources about CFNetwork
> APIs.

If I recall correctly, using the socket() API directly won't bring the WWAN
radio online, you need to use CoreFoundation API or higher for this to happen.

The CFNetwork adds very little on top of BSD sockets, the biggest feature being
CFRunLoop integration, where the system will create and manage a select() (or
equivalent) loop for you.

Take a look at CFSocket.h to get started.

Keith