Reread the suggestions.  Keith suggested CFNetwork and CFSocket.h to handle
BSD sockets, JohnP and JohnJ gave documentation and sample code.

Have you looked at the resources?

For what it is worth, I write Java servers regularly  Serving some xml or
json over http has some advantages, but if the server is already written,
and you do not wish to change it, the suggestions above should be enough to
get started.

Scott