when you 'close' the window - by default the application is not being
terminated - you can get your window back programmatically by calling
[myWindow makeKeyAndOrderFront].
This is what some apps call, when you click their icon on dock to get
the closed window back.

You can legally terminate application by closing its window as well if
you return YES in the method
"-(BOOL)applicationShouldTerminateAfterLastWindowClosed:(NSApplication
*)theApplication" of your application's delegate.