On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2011, at 3:56 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>
> The DoJ could break up Apple's anti-trust lock on shardware/software.
> There's nothing like paying $1500 for a commodity x86 board and case
> with a $39 operating system and beta software installed.
>
> Oh man, the ‘90s called and they want their anti-Apple arguments back. (Plus
> that Bush CD you never returned.)
> Meanwhile, on this timeline the Mac Mini starts at $600, Intel is having
> trouble beating up/bribing PC vendors into selling thin laptops for less
> than the $999 MacBook Air costs, and the only tablets that sell for less
> than the iPad are those the manufacturers are desperately trying to clear
> out of warehouses.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2011, at 3:56 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>
> The DoJ could break up Apple's anti-trust lock on shardware/software.
> There's nothing like paying $1500 for a commodity x86 board and case
> with a $39 operating system and beta software installed.
>
> Oh man, the ‘90s called and they want their anti-Apple arguments back. (Plus
> that Bush CD you never returned.)
> Meanwhile, on this timeline the Mac Mini starts at $600, Intel is having
> trouble beating up/bribing PC vendors into selling thin laptops for less
> than the $999 MacBook Air costs, and the only tablets that sell for less
> than the iPad are those the manufacturers are desperately trying to clear
> out of warehouses.
Not quite the 90s - Apple is now using plain old x86 hardware.

Apple really should hire fewer lawyers and more engineers. If the
software improved as often as their license agreement was changed, it
would be enjoyable to work with.

My apologies for offending you. I only called it like I saw it.

Jeff