On Aug 18, 2011, at 4:26 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:

> I'd point you at the Snow Leopard AppKit release notes, which contain a very
> long discussion about this topic (presumably written by David), but it seems
> there are only the Lion and Leopard versions available online. :(

I can't take credit for those (the release notes are written by the AppKit team
and I'm fairly far from them :) but this looks like it is probably an oversight.

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#releasenotes/Cocoa/AppKitOlderNotes.html
 seems to have everything up to 10.5, so hopefully 10.6 will appear there soon.
--
David Duncan