On 23/08/2011, at 11:43 AM, Jerry Krinock wrote:

> "Here is a list of NSDocument methods whose default implementations invoke
> this method because they might present sheets, either to ask the user what to
> do as they begin their work or because they may fail and present errors to
> user:
> -revertDocumentToSaved:
> -saveDocumentWithDelegate:didSaveSelector:contextInfo:
> -runModalSavePanelForSaveOperation:delegate:didSaveSelector:contextInfo:
> -saveToURL:ofType:forSaveOperation:delegate:didSaveSelector:contextInfo:
> -canCloseDocumentWithDelegate:shouldCloseSelector:contextInfo:
> -duplicateDocumentWithDelegate:didDuplicateSelector:contextInfo:
> -runModalPageLayoutWithPrintInfo:delegate:didRunSelector:contextInfo:
> -printDocumentWithSettings:showPrintPanel:delegate:didPrintSelector:contextInfo:
> -runModalPrintOperation:delegate:didRunSelector:contextInfo:
> More uses of this method may be added to NSDocument in the future."

Thanks Jerry - I just found the same documentation. Still trying to get my head
around what it's actually saying…

On the face of it I don't appear to be doing anything odd with any of these
methods, but I'll keep digging. I am using a Save Panel accessory controller
and a Print Panel accessory controller, so that might be an issue...

> Well, running in 10.7, Cocoa is using boatloads of that stuff.  Look
> carefully at any NSDocument method which you've overridden.  If possible,
> un-override and retest.

Will do.

>> Working in Xcode 4, the documentation viewer is …
>
> I remember there was discussion of this in xcode-us...@lists.apple.com

Yep, I did find out how to download all the documentation locally - I'm finding
it MUCH easier to use today. :)

--Graham