Hi, I'm trying to build App store receipt verification into my app.

I went through the certificate setup process and believe I have all three keys
and certificates successfully installed in my keychain. I then went into my
build settings for my project to set the code signing identity. I assumed that
the values there should match my Mac Developer setting in the debug build and
the 3rd Party Mac Developer Application for release. This seems to be kind of
implied in their naming and descriptions in the developer area, but I haven't
seen any specific documentation to confirm this. Since neither of those exact
settings were showing in the list to select from, I typed them in, and built it.

The code signing appears to work - certainly there are no errors, but then I
tried to run the application (signed with the Mac Developer cert) from the
Finder. It first exits with code 173 due to their being no receipt (as
expected), and then the system obviously goes to try to get the receipt, and I
get a console message:

store agent: Unsigned app (my application)

So I thought I would try using the only identity listed in Xcode: "3rd Party
Mac Developer Application", and again the build appeared to work (I did read
somewhere that the cert selection just works on a prefix match), but this time,
it first exits with code 173 as expected, and then asks me to log in to the app
store, which I do with my development apple id, and it says "This is not a Test
User account. Please create a new account in the Sandbox environment". I have
no idea what that message means for me to do.

So I have the following questions:

1. When creating the certificates, 3 certs are created and added to the
keychain - should I be able to see all three of them in Xcode? If so, what do I
need to do to get them to show up there?

2. When I do a build using my "Mac Developer" cert, it doesn't give any errors
when signing, but the Store seems to think that the app is not signed. What do
I do about this?

3. When I sign with my "3rd Party Mac Developer Application", I get the message
about it not being a test user account, and to create an account in the
sandbox. Is this something I need to do in the App store, in my development
settings, a different Apple ID, or on my computer?

I'm finding it really hard to get all this working due to the lack of clear
documentation and most of the previous Q&As having been about the iTunes
requirements which seem to be different.

Any help to resolve these issues would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Gideon