Hi Gideon, which version of Xcode are you using? I'm not crystal clear on the
signing procedure myself, but I followed the instructions and it went smoothly,
so I can at least tell you what I see for comparative purposes.

I'm using Xcode 4.2 (4.1 was similar, 3.x may be different).

On 18/10/2011, at 10:34 AM, Gideon King wrote:

> So I have the following questions:
>
> 1. When creating the certificates, 3 certs are created and added to the
> keychain - should I be able to see all three of them in Xcode? If so, what do
> I need to do to get them to show up there?

In the build settings, only one cert shows up, '3rd Party Mac Developer
Application'. You can choose 'Other…' and type one in, but I have never needed
to do this.

> 2. When I do a build using my "Mac Developer" cert, it doesn't give any
> errors when signing, but the Store seems to think that the app is not signed.
> What do I do about this?

At what stage does the Store "think" it isn't signed? I do "Archive" (in Xcode
3.x this was "Build & Archive"), then in the Organiser I click 'Validate'. The
Organizer should package the app and sign the package using the '3rd Party Mac
Developer Installer' cert. If you click 'Share' you can see this cert in the
'Identity' pop-up. Using this, you can create the signed package on disk and
test the installation without having to attempt a submission to the Store.

> 3. When I sign with my "3rd Party Mac Developer Application", I get the
> message about it not being a test user account, and to create an account in
> the sandbox. Is this something I need to do in the App store, in my
> development settings, a different Apple ID, or on my computer?

I have no idea about this, sorry. Never seen it myself.

Sounds like you might not have the installer certificate set up - it's separate
and different from the app cert. You also need the WWDC cert, I'm not sure
exactly where that comes into play, it needs to be in the keychain but it's
never directly used at any step of the deployment procedure.