On 18/10/2011, at 12:07 PM, Gideon King wrote:

> It can't be that the verification code is using the wrong cert, because the
> receipt checking exits immediately it doesn't find a receipt in the app
> wrapper, and the system takes over from there to try to get a testing receipt
> from the app store, and it never succeeds in doing that, either because it
> says my app is not signed (if I signed using the Mac Developer cert, or with
> the test account/sandbox error if I signed using the 3rd party application
> cert. It never gets to the point where it's actually validating a receipt
> within my app. There's definitely some piece of the puzzle missing, but I
> don't know what...

Hmmm, I don't know, as I don't bother checking for a receipt.

However, checking apps I build with Xcode versus those I have downloaded from
the App Store shows that indeed, my dev apps do not have a receipt. Why would
they, I didn't "receive" them, I made them.

Maybe there's a method for obtaining or generating a receipt for testing the
verification mechanism, or perhaps you just have to trust that by the time an
app has gone up on the Store, that part will work (you'd have to be very brave
or foolish to do that I think). Maybe you should ask about that on the relevant
forum at Mac Dev?

--Graham