The help so far has been very edifying.

Now, I go to create a 'Cocoa Library' project in Xcode 3.2.6, and it generates
a libaaa.h and a libaaa.m for me. But in the .m file, there's an
'@implementation libaaa' line. I'm confused, I thought a Cocoa library was a
number of *.o (compiled .m files) archived into a single file with a transfer
vector table at the front. I'm unclear on what its expecting me to put in the
libaaa.m '@implementation' area. Do I ignore it? libaaa.a isn't a class, so why
does it have an @implementation?

//
//  libaaa.h
//  libaaa
//
//  Created by Nathan Sims on 11/14/11.
//  Copyright 2011 __MyCompanyName__. All rights reserved.
//

#import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>

@interface libaaa : NSObject {

}

@end

//
//  libaaa.m
//  libaaa
//
//  Created by Nathan Sims on 11/14/11.
//  Copyright 2011 __MyCompanyName__. All rights reserved.
//

#import "libaaa.h"

@implementation libaaa
@end