On Mar 19, 2012, at 10:20 PM, Charles Srstka wrote:

> As everyone knows, if you have a view with a bunch of subviews and you’ve got
> NSLayoutConstraints set up for everything, in many cases you might end up
> with a minimum or maximum size for the view beyond which the constraints are
> impossible to satisfy, and if you try to resize the view outside these bounds
> either in IB or in the actual program (if the view is the content view of a
> resizable window, for example), the resizing will simply stop at those
> boundaries.

I have worked with constraints in another system and one of the things I
learned is that a collection of constraints must be "exercised" or driven from
one extreme to the other in order to have confidence that they are correct. If
you have a min or max size condition for the view beyond which the constraints
are impossible to satisfy, but this in not what you want, then you need to
change the constraints so that you get what you want under all conditions. The
constraint engine is mathematically correct and does not lie. So if there is a
problem, it is in how you are specifying and arranging the constraints or in
the number of constraints you have.

--Richard