On 20 Mar 2012, at 21:12, Charles Srstka wrote:

> The -layoutSubtreeIfNeeded method, in contrast, always seems (at least in my
> testing) to change everything to the minimum allowed size. So for the example
> above, if you set the view to have the size { 200, 300 }, it would change
> that to { 100, 200 }, despite { 200, 300 } being a perfectly legal size under
> those constraints. I don’t want to find what the system thinks is the “one
> true” size — I’m just trying to figure out the limits so I can keep the sizes
> legal, that’s all.
>
> Charles

I am getting a bit befuddled. Is the following what we have:

1. A certain view hierarchy managed by a set of constraints.
2. A certain Charles, who wishes to programatically modify (maximise?) the size
of one (or more) of the managed views in such a way that it doesn't cause a
layout exception.
3. In order to perform 2, Charles wants to be able to query the layout for a
given view to determine its (maximum?) allowed size.

Regards

Jonathan Mitchell
Mugginsoft LLP