On May 27, 2012, at 10:19 PM, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:

> I turned on Sandboxing in my project and now I cannot run my app at all. This
> is logged:
>
> 28/05/12 12:17:01.236 PM taskgated: killed <my app>[pid 1254] because its use
> of the com.apple.developer.ubiquity-container-identifiers entitlement is not
> allowed
>

> What does it mean,

You're using iCloud (which requires sandboxing) but the system can't verify
your app's signature.

> how do I fix it

Ensure your app is signed correctly and the correct provisioning profile is
installed not only in Xcode but *also* in the Profiles System Preferences pane.
This preference pane will not appear until the first profile is installed. To
install profiles in System Preferences, double-click the profile in Finder, you
can right-click the profile in the Xcode organizer to Reveal the profile in
Finder.

> and how do I go about testing a sandboxed app during development?

Once you get provisioning straightened out, debugging g and testing should be
as normal. You need to make sure all testing machines are correctly provisioned
as well, which means you are limited to a certain number of testing devices
(100?).

--Kyle Sluder