On Aug 2, 2012, at 7:02 PM, Kurt Bigler <kkbli...@breathsense.com> wrote:

> I'd seriously wish for some statement from Apple ASAP if that were a
> possibility that 32-bit support would be fully eliminated in 10.9.

You won't get one. But between you and me, I would say it is highly unlikely,
since they'd kill MS Office support if they did that, and Office is one of the
two or three most important third-party apps on OS X.

> I guess I "know how Apple is" and I've been duly warned.  Nonetheless we have
> been desperately betting on continuation of 32-bit since the alternative
> (perhaps dropping the Mac platform) is a pretty unhappy one.  We have a
> rather large codebase that is rather far from 64-bit at the moment.

Leopard came out in 2007. You've had five years to make the transition, and you
will most likely get several more before they pull the plug. Out of curiosity,
what's the hold-up? I ported a rather large code base to 64-bit in a day or
two, and the only hard part was porting some code that used the Sequence
Grabber over to the newer QTCapture classes.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>