On Aug 10, 2012, at 5:17 PM, Charles Srstka wrote:

>> You won't get one. But between you and me, I would say it is highly
>> unlikely, since they'd kill MS Office support if they did that, and Office
>> is one of the two or three most important third-party apps on OS X.
>
> MS is, however, working on rewriting Office in Cocoa (2011 already has some
> components rewritten; presumably, their next release will be more so). I
> wouldn't count on this situation continuing indefinitely.
>
> I'd get started on rewriting your app if I were you.

Except Apple itself says it might not make sense to do so.  From the 64-bit
Transition Guide:

        "Although 64-bit executables make it easier for you to manage large
data sets (compared to memory mapping of large files in a 32-bit application),
the use of 64-bit executables may raise other issues. Therefore you should
transition your software to a 64-bit executable format only when the 64-bit
environment offers a compelling advantage for your specific purposes.

This chapter explores some of the reasons you might or might not want to
transition your software to a 64-bit executable format…."

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Darwin/Conceptual/64bitPorting/indications/indications.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001064-CH206-TPXREF101

Best,

__jayson

Circus Ponies NoteBook - Introducing An App That Boosts Your Productivity
at Work or School, So You Get The Grades, Raises and Promotions You Want.

www.circusponies.com