On 06.11.2012, at 16:08, Alex Zavatone <z...@mac.com> wrote:
> Actually, that's not always the case.  As I use Safari through out the day,
> Safari ends up eating 6 to 12 GB of data on my 16 GB system.  Frequently, I
> need to issue a purge to get back a spare GB or few hundred MB.  Plus, if
> you're booting off, or have your swap file on an SSD disk related performance
> penalties will be much less than if using an HD to hold the swap file.

 Err ... if I understand correctly, you're nuking the caches used by the system
and other applications to compensate for the problem that Safari, when left
open, leaks like a sieve ... ? Those two things are orthogonal.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.masters-of-the-void.com