On Jan 30, 2013, at 17:10 , Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:

> But I can indeed offer some helpful information: when you add a target
> to Xcode, it creates a proxy icon for that target's product in the
> Products group of the sidebar. This proxy icon is special! Whenever you
> want to refer to this build product, you want to drag this guy around
> rather than using the Add Files sheet. Using Add Files will create a
> standard file reference, which can confuse the Xcode build system and
> indexer causing lovely UX oddities like putting your build products into
> the Open Quickly dialog.

I *believe* this particular problem is fixed in Xcode 4.6, so adding frameworks
via Add Files works again. (It wasn't broken until fairly recently, I think.)

However, it's still a bit treacherous, because you need to remember to change
the file path (in the File tab of the Utilities inspector) to "Relative to
Build Products", otherwise you'll end up copying Debug configuration frameworks
into your release bundles.