On Jul 23, 2013, at 12:10 PM, Paul Scott <psc...@skycoast.us> wrote:

> Why launch sqlite command? Why not link directly to the sqlite library and
> access the data base directly?

+1. You can also use the open-source FMDB library, a friendly Objective-C
wrapper around SQLite.

I've never worked with sandboxing, but I would guess that a sandboxed app can't
access arbitrary files in ~/Library/Preferences, but instead has to go through
NSUserDefaults. (There could well be interesting private data in other app's
preference files.) You may want to store your sqlite-based prefs in your app's
Application Support directory instead.

—Jens