> On 26. 7. 2013, at 21:36, Jens
>
> I've never worked with sandboxing, but I would guess that a sandboxed app
> can't access arbitrary files in ~/Library/Preferences

They can't. Sandboxed apps have own containers in
~/Library/Containers/$BUNDLEID/Data/Library/Preferences ...

You can ask for exception in entitlements and when submitting app, you have to
describe why do you need this exception. Experience says that Apple is going to
reject your exceptions if they do not belong to "urgent need" category. What I
want to say - you never know if they'll be approved, so, it's better to avoid
them and try to find another solution.

R.