Likely natural is based on either the preferred language priority in system
preferences or the region format settings there in text edit.

Arguably, mixed RTL and LTR layout is non trivial and basically has no catch
all correct state, and is generally going to be the case of the dominant one is
LTR with some RTL (probably English) interspersed.
Good news is LTR languages tend to not have a lot of RTL interspersed.

It's probably best handled for page layout via separate layout boxes in a UI
that are aligned by some typographic rules.
NSTextView will suffer from having its original design based on basically
European RTL word processors.

It's a hard topic that pretty much requires special case development.

Sent from my iPhone