On Feb 8, 2014, at 10:06 AM, "Gary L. Wade" <garyw...@desisoftsystems.com>
wrote:

> Yeah, that demo issue came up yesterday, so I filed my own rdar://16013973
> and as you know, it always helps to add duplicates!  I marked mine as an
> issue with Security and Always.  I suggested only showing the hints on the
> actual device and doing a secondary broadcast without the hint on
> secondary devices, especially simulators and AirPlay similar to how the
> old DVD anti-copy-protection thing worked.

AirPlay mirroring is done in hardware, IIRC. App authors have the ability to
create a second screen and put the AirPlay content there, but for apps that
don’t do that the OS just feeds data from the GPU framebuffer to the MPEG
encoder. It needs to be turned off on all screens if AirPlay is active.

--Kyle Sluder