On Apr 20, 2014, at 12:54 , Eric Shepherd <the.she...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nope. :(

The only *technical* suggestion I can add — beyond Ken’s excellent suggestions
— is to move the OpenGL view down a level. That is, assuming it’s a subview of
the window’s content view, make it a subview of a custom view that is a subview
of the content view (with appropriate resizing behavior at both levels).

More generally, though, you might reconsider using a NSToolbar at all. I guess
the geometry of NSToolbar has always been "neither fish nor fowl" (that is,
sort of part of the window frame, yet sort of part of the window content), and
its presence may be disturbing some assumption a NSOpenGLView makes about its
own relationship with the window. There may be an inherent conflict there, at
least in recent versions of OS X.

Also, it’s noteworthy that the NSToolbar API — which has always been horrible
to use — hasn’t received much (if any, IIRC) attention in the last several OS X
releases, and it somewhat has the appearance of a distasteful object drifting
permanently down to the bottom of the punchbowl. If you can devise a
NSToolbar-free UI for your application, you might be doing yourself a favor in
the future.