For those interested, I put together a blog entry of my personal notes over the
years on using Apple's Help:

        Help on OS X Help
        http://www.toddheberlein.com/blog/2014/5/8/help-on-os-x-help

On May 8, 2014, at 10:50 AM, Gordon Apple <g...@ed4u.com> wrote:

> Our app is complex,
> years in development, and will require a substantial help book, including
> videos (maybe the web version), external links,  and contextual-help
> anchors.

You might want to think about just putting all your Help on a web site then.
From anywhere in your application you can provide a button or menu item that
will jump to an IBAction method that simply opens the appropriate web page in
the user's web browser. Here is an example from my code:

[[NSWorkspace sharedWorkspace] openURL: [NSURL
URLWithString:@"http://www.netsq2.com/tools/audit-viewer/downloads";]];

Todd