Hi list,

I am having trouble getting useful data from this url on some, but not all, iOS
devices: https://www.taxpublications.deloitte.co.uk/tis/dtp.nsf/pub1.xml

The feed has this opening tag: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

When I just pull in the feed’s contents using a NSURLConnection, it will show
up on some, but not all, devices.

When I try to log the response data, by creating a string that I init with the
downloaded data and NSUTF8StringEncoding, the log will show a null string. So
putting the downloaded data into a string using UTF8 doesn’t work.

    NSString *dataString = [[NSString alloc] initWithData:self.dataContainer
encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];

Still, in that case, some devices will show the parsed feed, some won’t.

I tried converting the data into NSISOLatin1 and then putting it back into
NSData using UTF8, as below, but that doesn’t help.

-(void)connectionDidFinishLoading:(NSURLConnection *)connection {
    NSString *dataString = [[NSString alloc] initWithData:self.dataContainer
encoding:NSISOLatin1StringEncoding];
    [self setDataContainer:[[dataString dataUsingEncoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding]
mutableCopy]];
    self.xmlItems = [NSMutableArray array];
    NSXMLParser *parser = [[NSXMLParser alloc] initWithData:self.dataContainer];
    [parser setDelegate:self];
    [parser parse];
}

I validated the feed’s XML and got no errors..

Anybody out there with experience in solving this?

Many thanks!

Diederik