> On 6 May 2015, at 2:26 am, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
>
>  (although the view is pinned to the bottom of the window instead of the top
> for some reason.)

In the pre-autolayout days, this was always the case unless your embedded view
returned YES for -isFlipped.

Never made much sense then either.

> I added an override of -setFrame: and found that my view's frame is being set
> to (0, 0, 0, 0) by AppKit while redisplaying the window. I have no idea why
> this is happening — it probably has something to do with constraints, but I
> don't understand constraints well enough to know why (and I can't find any
> clear documentation about how to use constraints with scroll views.) How can
> I fix this?

I don’t know, but I also find setting up simple constraints baffling. Even the
most straightforward cases seem to be really hard to get right. So far my
“solution” has been to disable autolayout for the nib and use good old
fashioned struts and springs. Since they end up translated to the modern stuff
internally, and they work, it’s been good enough for most cases.

They really need to make the simple cases trivial and the more difficult cases
possible, rather than the trivial cases annoyingly difficult as well.

—Graham