> On May 5, 2015, at 5:54 PM, Roland King <r...@rols.org> wrote:
>
> Constrain the scrollview to something above it if it needs it, if it’s the
> whole window, probably doesn’t.
> Constrain the clipview to all 4 sides of the scrollview.
> Constrain your view to the top, right and left of the clipview but not the
> bottom.
> Override the clipview and return isFlipped=YES

I was assuming that the "Editor > Embed In > Scroll view" command would set
things up to basically work. (The way it used to in the old days.) Whereas the
reality is that IB creates the enclosing views for me, but then helpfully
avoids actually setting up any of the constraints they need? WTF?

Also, where does one go to learn that the above constraints are needed? Is this
just knowledge picked up through trial and error?

I reallllly don't want to sound like one of those old farts grousing about the
old days, but when I learned Cocoa programming in 2000 I was blown away by how
easy everything was and how well IB worked. If I were starting out now, I don't
think I'd feel the same way.

—Jens