Hi!

> This once again clearly shows that Cocoon needs marketing
> !

Good point, but I've been trying to do some basic stuff in
cocoon for the last few days. I was able to do all
information I want, but at least half of that information
come from java sources. I've been had to use full-text
search in local copy of cvs!

That's not documentation; while core concepts are clear (at
least, I understand them), smaller parts are almost
non-documented. Even matchers could be used as en example:
I've been had to check out sample application to understand
how wildcard session parameter matcher works, and don't yet
understand how request parameter matcher works.

If we don't want to frighten people right after they came
to play with c2 their first time, those things must be
documented. I.e. there should be centralized and unified
documentation list for all components like matchers or
database actions. Almost noone will look in sources
comparing to the whole crowd of potential users.

So, docs first, then (optionally) write current plans and
components in development, including scratchpad, and then
it will be perfect time for marketing.

The best thing is that both parts (I don't count marketing)
are very simple. Requred docs can be no more verbose than
javadocs, i.e. context of use, parameters, short (and maybe
long) description and examples.

ps. I could try to work on it if I'll pass my current
exams.

Mikhail